Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sew Get Started.



At the start of the year, I joined in with Sarah at FairyFace Designs with her group Sew Get Started.

Although there are loads of great Bees and QAL's out there, I know that I will lag behind so I thought that it would be a group that I could join in without having too much pressure to finish things on time. 
Each week Sarah has a guest that has a  tutorial on making something small.  It has been great as I know that I can make them up and feel like I have done something for the day,  oh and brush up on some sewing skills at the same time.

So I have made myself a new pincushion out of some scraps from my Little Apples Charm Quilt.


And today I made some burping cloths, thanks to Irina at El Petit Taller for her great tutorial.


I had bought a hand towel from Penneys ( a wopping €2) last year for another project and there were a few big pieces left to use for this.


I decided instead of quilting the cotton and towel together I would sew around the fabric design to keep them together. 
Yep.  Little Apples again.  I have a good stash of it to use up.  I hope Sister K likes them for her new bundle of joy.
Sarah's Flickr group can be found here.

Now my Mouthy Stitches pouch,  I better get cracking on it!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute makes and I am sure the burp cloths will go down well! But my eye has been caught by the cute label Erin! Tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pincushion! And I love your idea of quilting around the graphics. Very fun burp cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burp cloths look great, love the stitching in them! Where did you get your labels?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely, can't wait to see what you come up with for your MS partner x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff and Sarah`s series is useful for everyone I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you stitched round the designs! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll have to get some Little Apples myself! I love the stitching aorund the designs, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.