Saturday, February 18, 2012

Books Galore!

When I was home for Christmas, I was happily showing my sister L my new Japanese pattern book...remember this one I got from M is for Make.


'Oh... they are so lovely'
.....and so when she went home, so did my book.
But then my other sister B, popped up and said that you could buy some in English at Dymocks in town.  So off I went to see if there were any in stock.

And look what I found.....


(Oh that's another book in the background that my sister M gave to me and some fabric I found in a  market.)


All these patterns are in english this time and go up to a size 16 for us bigger busted gals out there.  Can't wait to try some out.
I've also ordered another copy of my first book that I bought at M is for Make again.  I couldn't resist!




 
I really must get cracking on these.   I have enough patterns for a whole new wardrobe!

10 comments:

  1. You're going to have a blast! I like that little green top in the last photo. That's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your wardrobe take shape Erin. :o) Those look like some fun books, and love your market fabric! It's perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I must get them as soon as my bump pups out! they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In English - how brilliant!
    I have the Meet Me At Mikes - lovely - do you follow Pip's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you make. I love M is for make they have some really great fabrics

    Also I'm holding a swap on my blog. If you're interested feel free to check it out =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.com/p/swap-time.html"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those books look really fun! And intimidating! I have a goal this year to become better at garment sewing so I'll be anxiously watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so elegant E! Wish I could make clothes to fit my oversized bust! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look so pretty! Can't wait to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a small collection of Japanese embroidery books, but haven't bought any of the clothing books I want. I'm a little intimidated on all the alterations to the patterns I would have to do just for my height. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make and your experience doing so.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.