Monday, March 4, 2013

Something is Buzzing in the Bee Hive.


I was trying to finalise my bee block for the month on March for the Modern Irish Bee.   See it is the first time that I have been the Queen Bee and there are many ideas buzzing through my scatty brain over the past month. 
This was my idea but I think there is far too much buseeeeeey - ness going on and my little star is getting lost in the Low Volume background.  
Before I cut into some other background fabric to send my starved colony of bees to work, (I think they are buzzing with impatience for me to get my parcels of honey out to them) Is it going to look too much? or am I better sticking with one coloured background?
 
Queen Erin......buzz, buzz, buzz.

12 comments:

  1. Erin, go for it with the LV! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Once you get a bunch of them it will be great..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not part of the bee, but I think the star is getting a little lost. That's not to say you have to go with a solid background. But I think you need more contrast: lighter lights and darker darks. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are not sure Erin take a cropped photo and make a mosaic to get an approximate view of what your final quilt will be like! Or you can sort of scrunch up your eyes for a quick idea - looks good to me though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are only two prints that don't work for me in the low volume that cause the star to lose some of its definition - top right and bottom left. Otherwise I think it is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the low volume too but agree that the top right and bottom left squares are not working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Susan. The star gets lost in the corners but I am sure as you asked for many colors it will be gorgeous! the light colors will not pop out as much as a dark blue or a red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Susan and cheeky monkey - top right and bottom right aren't low volume enough here - otherwise it looks great, and if you replaced them I don't think the star would get lost anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I'm with Susan. LV works as long as they are really LOW! Looking forward to getting started. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking forward to making these blocks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.