Thursday, July 18, 2013

Swooning AGAIN.

 


Lets face it.  I'm not great at finishing off quilts at times. 
 
Last year I joined the Swoon a long and got all my blocks done but when it came to cutting them down, I stalled. 
 I didn't have a ruler that would fit these mammoth blocks to cut down so I put it aside and went onto another quilt.
 So when I heard that Sarah at Fairyface Designs was thinking of starting Swoon 2013...I egged her on as it would give me the kick up the beeeehind that I needed to finish this quilt off.
Anyone else interested in joining up, you can find the Flickr group here.
 
These are my blocks that have been finished.



Hold on a minute...I'm missing one...

 
 
So I am up to the sashing stage and am hoping when everyone gets to this stage that we may have a few bloggers that will quilt as they go.
 
This is what I want to do, maybe quilt in rows as this big mama is not going to fit on my sewing table.
 
I'm going to have to go off and look for  a tutorial on it.  Any suggestions?

Erin
 
 

5 comments:

  1. yay. Love a Swoon and yours is delightful! Those blocks are destined to be a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of Swooning myself this year, I even have the fabric pulled out and ready but I've not made it any further than that! This might be the push I need to get one made :D (QAYG seems the way to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Erin. I'd be interested to see what comes out of your request to quilt as you go. I don't know how I'm going quiltvthat monster on my table, let me know if you get advice. Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great Erin. I'd be interested to see what comes out of your request to quilt as you go. I don't know how I'm going quiltvthat monster on my table, let me know if you get advice. Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swoon for those swoon blocks! I have the pattern, and have picked out all of the fabrics, but I have yet to actually start with it. I just love seeing what other people quilt up. I'm sure that QAYG would work, I have considered it myself as that is a big sucker for my little machine. There are tons of tutorials online so I bet you could find a good one that would do the trick.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.