Sunday, September 4, 2011

A little bit of Autumn is in the air.


There is a chill is in the air in the evenings here in Kildare. So much so that I had to get my little quilt out to put over me on the couch.

Autumn is coming and there seemed to be a lot more yellow and red leaves around on the trees at the end of last week.
I love autumn. It is my favourite time of the year simply because of the colours that are around. I love being in Ireland for this season also and will head to some parks in the next few weeks to admire all the colours around me.




My Freebird quilt that is shown was finished off last month, (I needed the pins that were holding the binding together for another project.) I had started it back in March (I think) and had to stop and put it aside a few times for different reasons...(mainly supplies) and I was dreading quilting it as it was my first large quilt.

Why I was worried I do not know as it didn't take me too long. No free hand quilting, just straight stitching.
The colours do remind me of Autumn and now I will have to decide what to do with it.

Rags to Bags is having a giveaway of this fabric range this week so if you like it, head over and follow her instructions.

My day of sewing was taken up with a QAL that I am trying to catch up on, I think I am up to date.
And my Goodies Swap....well I haven't started that.

Welcome again to all my new followers and thanks to all for stopping by. Erin.

8 comments:

  1. I love it Erin! Is the pattern from the front of Quilts and More magazine? I am going to enter the giveaway too. Amazing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful. You must be glad you got it done just in time for the chilly weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning modern quilt. Oh, how I love the Freebird fabric. I gave 2 Freebird quilts away and unfortunately have no more in my stash :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt Erin, such a great way to show off Free bird prints. I'm sure you'll be needing it now in the evenings, feels like Autumn is well and truly here! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the pattern. Autumn is my favourite season too and this quilt really evokes all those colours and looks perfect for snuggling under as those cold nights draw in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Autumn weather is the best, followed closely by spring. I love watching the world change a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this quilt - did you make the pattern ?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.