Friday, August 26, 2011

Goodies Swap and Across the Sea QAL

Ok. When I started this blog I didn't think I would be signing up for sewing groups or swapping my projects with others.
The blogging thing is a whole new technical lesson to learn in itself and I am still finding out how to add things onto my page....(I worked out how to put up buttons the other day...I was very proud of myself)
But when reading through others blogs I began to find a whole new language What does a QAL mean oh and LQS?
Then I started to ask myself, how does everyone have time to write these blogs and still sew.
If I joined these groups, would anyone like what I make?

I couldn't let this hold me back so early last week I joined...two.

Across the Sea Quilt Along....(QAL oh is that what it means?) is being co hosted by Sarah from Fairyface Design and she has assured me that I will be able to complete the quilt. (I still think the back looks a bit tricky.) I picked out my fabrics last Saturday evening, well really it was a layer cake that I had bought a month ago and still couldn't decide what to do with it, so with that done I am now ready to conquer my first QAL!


I hope that I'm able to keep up with each weeks task. (I'm behind already.) and glad to see a few friendly faces doing it also.

I also joined Fluffy Sheep Quilting Mug Rug and Goodies Swap.

Once I joined this I really had to stop and ask 'What was I doing! What will I make?'
I am hoping that 3am brain storm will happen sooner rather than later.
I think there is still time to sign up for Cindy's Swap so check it out!

Now I hope to get a bit of sewing done this weekend on my Little Apples quilt, but I have a more important task of decorating a birthday cake for a nephew who is having a 1st birthday party tomorrow and attending the tea party so it may have to wait until Sunday.
Happy Sewing.
Erin

Since posting this I have had terrible trouble with my blog...maybe I should just leave it alone and not fiddle around with it anymore...(like the tension on Mum's sewing machine)
I hope reposting this will stop my blog being redesigned by itself.

On the brighter side...the Cake is done!

5 comments:

  1. hi Erin! Yes, this blogging is a real time suck isn't it! It's taken me ages to figure out how to add stuff to my blog as well-mostly trial and error! You would think there would be a better way. I've joined my first QAL as well but have yet to jump into the swap arena. Good luck. Oh, and LQS is local quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy them both!

    I have yet to participate in a swap and my only QAL was done after it was well and truly over! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I know - it is fun, but there IS some stress involved! :-) And yes, it takes some time, but it sure is fun! GOOD LUCK on your swap & qa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely hard to balance - if you're online blogging or chatting in groups it's time away from sewing! But I think the QALs and swaps are such fun they are worth it :-) and you're right you get sucked into a whole other world. Can't wait to see how your quilt turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree, Erin! Two months ago I would have never been doing any of this stuff, but I'm so glad I am now! Love the fabrics you picked out for Across the Sea. I haven't even gotten all mine yet, so at least you are ahead of me! I'm in the Goodie Swap, too. Fun to be in some of the same places with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.