Saturday, March 24, 2012

So Much Soul Blossom



I'm a real sucker for Amy Butler Fabric.
She was my first designer that I really knew and was all that I bought when I started out two years ago.
When this line of her fabric came out I was quite excited.   
 I loved the bright colours but when I received the parcel in the mail, I was a bit taken back,  It was a lot brighter than I thought so it was tucked away in the back of the cupboard for a few months. 

I had seen Amy's quilt on her web site and although loved the craziness of it, it meant that I would have to buy a second FQ bundle (that's 33 FQ's) so after some deliberation, should I, shouldn't I...well you know... I did just that.
Has the quilt got made....no. And would be the main reason why I stopped myself going out and buying her latest fabric line because I couldn't justify it when I hadn't used this up first.

I think though after pulling the fabric out a few weeks ago  to try and make some i pod covers, and discovered that I have got that excitement back again about this fabric line.





When Ginger Monkey started her Swoon - a - Long early this year, I though about using it and would it work or would it be too bright or large a print for the design of the quilt, hence I have been left behind on that project but

I was flicking through my quilting books and found in Elizabeth Hartman's book a quilt called Kitchen Window.  Maybe this could use a bit of Soul Blossom to make this.
I am now just waiting for a parcel...(only one) to start cutting my strips of Kona Slate...
and we'll be ready to sew.




I did look at the Stained Glass Window QAL with Sarah at narcoleptic in a cupboard maybe after this.  I'm sure that I will have ample amounts left.
As for the Swoon....I think it will be a goer, just need to start it...
Oh the thought of cutting all those blocks.
(Have I just decided to do three quilts?)


 Erin





17 comments:

  1. Sounds like three beautiful quilts to me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we Swoon together then - I am supposed to be doing it in Echo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking through that book yesterday and thought about making that pattern. I think it will look fabulous with your AB stash! Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a plan is half the battle. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your idea for a quilt suddenly blossomed into three quilts! My mind often does the same thing when I'm dreaming up ideas for future quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Amy Butler is many people`s first love - she was certainly mine and I still love her. I recently won some Soul Blossoms and it is beautiful - but then I do love colour. Good luck with your quilts - I can`t wait to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love soul blossom. I made a quilt out of a couple of charm packs of this: nothing swanky, just lots of four squares together with a black cross in the middle. I call it my church window quilt: the vibrant fabrics look amazing against the black

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhh, I think it would make a GREAT Swoon!!! And any other quilt that you make with it. Can't wait to see them. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Can't go wrong with any pattern there. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sound of those three quilts!! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are some big decisions there as to what to o first! Let us all know. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fabric! Can't wait for the updates!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soul blossom was the first collection I got and the first designer I knew, so I'm with you. :) Love the way you've toned it down with solids - can't wait to see what you do next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soul Blossoms is such beautiful fabric! I love you ipod covers and your quilts will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They will be 3 beautiful quilts! I have been looking at doing the Kitchen windows quilt in some Echo scraps I have here.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.