Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm a Topper!

When I was home for Christmas I was told by my sister that I was a 'Topper.'
"What?"I asked.
"You're a topper.  You get the tops of your quilts finished but that is it."
"Well...ah.. yes....I suppose I am."  Feeling confused and admitting the obvious.
Mmm.  Maybe I should really get back to these and finish a few off.
When I returned and to my great relief I found this on Nicky's blog.
2012 Finish-A-Long
Rhonda from Quilter in the Gap has set up a Finish a Long. 
And oh do I have a few unfinished projects in the cupboard.

My first is my Little Apples Quilt.


I seem to hit a wall with quilts and I do recall that I ran out of white kona fabric, ( I used it up for the Across the Sea Quilt)  Now that I have 10 m of kona white in my stash..(a big stash) I don't have any excuse to finish it.
Need to do:
Design a back
Batting
Quilting.
Binding
Sit back and admire.
My second quilt is  Echo
Again it stalled as Christmas was coming and so was my trip so finishing the top was as far as I got.

What needs to be done:
Design a back
Batting
Quilting
Binding
Put it on the couch for me to use.

Mmmm I think I have a bit to do.

My last project is my place mats


I think I have blogged about this about twenty times and yes I still have not finished them all. 
How sad am I!
All that has to be done in this project is binding, so hopefully I will finish this off quickly and you will never have to read about them again.

I'm linking up and hoping this will help me finish these projects.

Oh and the Winter Stitching has completely gone out the window. 
Sorry Sarah... (Secretly I just love writing lists)

Happy Sewing!

10 comments:

  1. I rekon you will get those done in the next 3 months. I put my list up and made a start on one of the projects last night only to discover I didnt have enough binding...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so close on them that I'm sure you'll be a success! The quilts and placemats are all so pretty I can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all amazingly beautiful projects. If it makes you feel any better...this is the first I have seen of the placemats. Thank you for linking up and playing with us. I can't wait to follow the progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those will be so lovely to have completed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Erin I definitely outrank you in this regard - I have 20 projects in total some haven't even made it to top status!

    It will be fantastic to get these lovely projects finished - I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely projects and it seems that 3 might just be a quite managable number ;)
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Admirable goal! And such beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Erin! You definitely need to finish those quiilt tops, they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might be a topper too. That's what we have long arm quilters for: )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tops are lovely - it'll be good to get them finished so you can enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.