I have been finishing up bits and pieces this week
One of my first projects was to make a cover for this little buddy...My Kenwood.
Kenny ( I know not the most original name) sits on my kitchen bench. Although if I had the cupboard space I would put him away, but then I don't think I would use him as much if he was tucked away.
Well, he was getting a bit dusty ( as things do) and thought that he needed a cover and this is where this little parcel came to my rescue..... 1/2 yard of Summerville Oil Cloth (or Laminate.)
Before I got to even sew I realised that I needed another small piece, so back to Lucie's shop on Etsy and another FQ bought....that should do it! (Lucie must think I am mad)
I have never used Laminated fabric before so there was some unpicking and a bit of fussing with the settings on the sewing machine to accommodate for the thickness of the fabric but really I was very happy with the final product.
( Don't mind those rotten tiles in the background...the are going very, very soon.....)
I have also been making some cards for when I (hope) to sell a few quilts. I thought that I could put the washing instructions on the back so the buyer will know the best way to look after their quilt.
It's a great way to use up bits of fabric that you have in the scrap box.
My cushion was stuffed with some old stuffing but I think it may need some more.
And some quilting was done...two quilts to finish for the Finish a long that Rhonda is hosting.
I have to get these finished before the end of the month....better get cracking on them.....
It is really my first time trying FMQ to quilt. I'm a straight line gal so it has been a challenge.
Mmm a cup of tea is well deserved I think before I get cracking on the binding.