As you all know I have been joining in with the girls on Flickr in making a zippy pouch for my secret partner.
There have been some fantastic pouches made and love to see everyones ideas and designs.
I wanted to try something different but as I have a very experienced sewer, I have been a little scared that my skills at the good old zips would not be the greatest.
So this is my first attempt at a pouch.
Now I did get a response from her but it wasn't the most exciting response, so was a little worried that it was a bit to bold and .....pink. I don't think I am that crash hot on it myself and then this happened....
The zip was a disaster.
- I had to cut a zip down to size to fit the pouch.
- I think I sewed the seams about 1/2 an inch so the bulk of the three fabrics and batting really is why I can't do much with the corners.
- The pouch looks a bit silly as both ends at the top are not square.
I've had a good few responses letting me know that there is nothing wrong with it. But when you are not 100% happy..........
Maybe this is why I have never put anything up on my etsy store that I make as I always find something that may not be perfect with my quilts and would hate to think someone would not be happy with a purchase. ( I really need to get over this, don't I!!)
So yesterday after umming over it all week, I decided to make another.
And look I think I got it this time!
The new pouch came out quite large...I think about 10"x 9". I think you would be able to fit a kindle in it.
I made it around my 10" zip that I had. No messing it up this time.
Now my secret Mouthy Partner will have to decide which one she likes best. But as for me I'll be putting the zips away for a little while and go back to making quilts.