Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Another Swap

I signed up for The Big Stitch Swap that Sarah at Fairyface Designs and Cindy at Fluffy Sheep Quilting had organised.
As usual time has flown by and I haven't even written a post that I had joined.  (Sorry mystery partner) but I did get my mosaic up as soon as I could.

Now really I do not know why I joined up.  I don't like hand stitching at all. I don't even have time to get my bee blocks done let alone a swap, but I always find that I am thinking that I am going to miss out on something.  Sucker!

I had spotted something on my secret partners mosaic that I really liked and thought that I would try, so I bought the pattern and I stalled even starting it.  Maybe I stalled for a reason but I then saw another two doing the same pattern so I went back to the drawing board.

I had decided to make a tote for my partner but I needed to practise so out came some cardboard and I played around with a few ideas.  French knots are not my forte and I did try but I had to go back to just simple stitching.




Yes she doesn't like being left out of a photo.

In return my secret sender packed this little parcel up and it landed at my doorstep about a week ago.
I lovely canvas bag of her own pattern (which is what I like to see) and as my other bag from a swap has outgrown my bundles of wool and all the knitting needles I have accumulated in the past year.




And a little treat.  Thanks again Kirsti.  The bag has been filled already with my little knitting projects that I have to do are in the bag and awaiting my return.

4 comments:

  1. 2 beautiful totes Erin, both yours sent and received. And a lovely happy charm pack too

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice - I really like the sky is the limit message - fun to have it on a knitting bag!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.